At Futurae, we focus on authenticating users online, whether from browsers, mobile phones or IoT devices. Security and Usability are at the heart of what we do, everyday. Our growing team is hard at work shaping the future of online authentication by solving some of its toughest challenges and at the same time creating outstanding user experiences. Visit our website at https://futurae.com to learn more about our platform and team.
What you'll do
Our product stack comprises of a number of different systems, from backend APIs to web components, SDKs and plugins. As a Software Engineer in our company, you will be working closely with our engineers as well as other internal teams in order to design, build and maintain the technologies and systems that comprise our platform, enabling its expansion and scale. At the same time, you will be also collaborating with our customers, helping them integrate our systems and APIs.
In more detail, your responsibilities include:
- Design, engineer and operate the systems that comprise the stack of our platform
- Work with customers to facilitate the integration of our solutions and tailor them to their requirements
- Participate in the development cycle of our software stack
- Define, improve and (re)engineer DevOps tools and processes
- Help maintain high security standards of our platform and infrastructure
- Participate in technical support related to our platforms and integrations
- Participate in 24/7 on-call schedule to ensure high availability and performance of our systems
Desirable skills and experience
You are comfortable making technical decisions and maintaining backend infrastructure and code, using modern technologies and best practices. You are willing to have ownership of what you build and you’d rather ship than over-engineer. You have good communication and collaboration skills and wish to work in a team with talented peers, teaming up to tackle new projects. You want to be a part of building something you can be proud of.
- 3+ years of experience in building and maintaining software systems
- Experience with Linux systems and cloud infrastructure
- Understanding and experience on technologies like Docker, Puppet, Git, Go, Ruby
- Understanding of computer and network security concepts and best practices for securing software systems and infrastructure
- Enjoy interacting with customer peers, both remotely and on-site, in order to support and help them integrate APIs/systems
- Fluent in English
- Experience with DevOps practices such as CI/CD, an appreciation and understanding of unit and integration testing
- Experience with other major programming frameworks (e.g. Rails, .NET, Java, Vue.js, Node.js)
- Fluent in German
What we offer
- A startup, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ability to work remotely on an occasional basis
- Books and opportunities to attend conferences
Sounds like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
By sending your application you allow Futurae to handle and store your data.